Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Mobile > dailing using html

dailing using html

Den

Dear Expert

I use the following code to let user to click the shortcut to dial through mobile phone on WAP , it work properly

<%@ Pag
Inherits
"System.Web.UI.MobileControls.MobilePage"%><%@ Registe
TagPrefix="Mobile
Namespace="System.Web.UI.MobileControls
Assembly="System.Web.Mobile" %><Mobile:Form runat="server"><MobilehoneCall runat="server
PhoneNumber="9007529
Text="Tove's number
AlternateFormat="{0}" /></Mobile:Form

But , I put to my 3G phone or PDA which using WEB browse ( HTML ) , it display only -"Tove's number" , any help to let the function also work on HTML browse? many many thanks

Br
Den

Jean-Luc David [MS-MVP]

Hi Den,

The Framework will render the control based on the device. If the
device supports the PhoneCall control, then it will appear as a link
and will work as advertised. If the device trying to access the page
does not support the control, it will render it as text. You can hide
the control from non-compatible devices using a device filter.

Here is a link to the MSDN information page on device filters:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...iceFilters.asp

I hope this information is helpful.

Thanks,
Jean-Luc David