Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Mobile > objectlist - hide columns in details view

objectlist - hide columns in details view

jarrod

How can you hide columns in the details view of an objectlist control?
In the table view you can hide and show any columns you wish by
setting the field properties (ex: Visible = false and the
objectList.TableFields list to display the number of columns you wish
to display.

The Details view always displays all columns even if the Visible
propery is set to false for the column. I assume I will need to write
a custom itemDetailsTemplate, or something like that but I am not sure
what needs to be done, or the format that it should be in.

So if anyone has any examples of how to customize what is displayed in
the details view (not the header, and commands but the actual data) it
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jarrod

jarrod

For anyone interested here is a good start:

http://teched2003downloads.mymsevent...d/DEVHOL20.doc

although if anyone has any examples with the template created
dynamically in the codebehind file that would still be helpful.

Thanks,

Jarrod

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (jarrod) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> How can you hide columns in the details view of an objectlist control?
> In the table view you can hide and show any columns you wish by
> setting the field properties (ex: Visible = false and the
> objectList.TableFields list to display the number of columns you wish
> to display.
>
> The Details view always displays all columns even if the Visible
> propery is set to false for the column. I assume I will need to write
> a custom itemDetailsTemplate, or something like that but I am not sure
> what needs to be done, or the format that it should be in.
>
> So if anyone has any examples of how to customize what is displayed in
> the details view (not the header, and commands but the actual data) it
> would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jarrod

Martine

You do not have to use templates, instead use the Fields-collection of
the ObjectList. Add the fields you want to display like this in
runtime (or define the fields at design-time):

ObjectListField OLFemployee= new ObjectListField();
OLFemployee.Title = "Employee";
OLFemployee.DataField = "empl";
olf_Employee.DataFormatString = "whatever";
objectListEmployees.Fields.Add(OLFemployee);

I hope this helps,
kind regards, Martine.