Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Mobile > URGENT: Connecting to a sybase database

URGENT: Connecting to a sybase database

Mustafa Rabie

Dear All,

My company is currently working developing a front end mobile application
for a system that uses a sybase backend dbase server. I want to know how
can i connect to that dbase using ASP.Net (mobile). Is there a way like SQL
client liberaries that come with the .Net framework or something?
Thanks
Mustafa

Mahesh ChandraMouli [MVP]

Hi ,

You cant connect the Sybase DB using SQLCLIENT, You need
to use System.Data.OLEDB class to connect.

Regards
Mahesh ChandraMouli
Microsoft .NET MVP|MCAD (Charter Member)