Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Mobile > ASP.NET Web Server on CE 4.2

Reply
Thread Tools

ASP.NET Web Server on CE 4.2

 
 
Leo Gagne
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-28-2003
Is it possible to use Windows CE 4.2 as a web server and
develop ASP.NET applications that are hosted on the WinCE
platform?

The idea: To have the same user interface on both the
device screen and the remotely connected PC using a web
browser.

Thanks!

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ed Kaim [MSFT]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-01-2003
No. Windows CE only supports the .NET Compact Framework, which does not have
ASP.NET server support.

"Leo Gagne"
<leo.gagne.uselessgarbagetofoolhack@removeThisUsel essText.exfo.com> wrote in
message news:8c2a01c3b5b3$a1f38390$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is it possible to use Windows CE 4.2 as a web server and
> develop ASP.NET applications that are hosted on the WinCE
> platform?
>
> The idea: To have the same user interface on both the
> device screen and the remotely connected PC using a web
> browser.
>
> Thanks!
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Leo Gagne
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-03-2003
Thank you!

Is Microsoft planning to support ASP.NET with the Compact
Framework (would it still be called "compact"...) ?

(My boss doesn't like "no" as an answer... I just
answered "maybe one day... but not this year!")

Bye!

>-----Original Message-----
>No. Windows CE only supports the .NET Compact Framework,

which does not have
>ASP.NET server support.
>
>"Leo Gagne"
><leo.gagne.uselessgarbagetofoolhack@removeThisUse lessText

..exfo.com> wrote in
>message news:8c2a01c3b5b3$a1f38390$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is it possible to use Windows CE 4.2 as a web server

and
>> develop ASP.NET applications that are hosted on the

WinCE
>> platform?
>>
>> The idea: To have the same user interface on both the
>> device screen and the remotely connected PC using a web
>> browser.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

>
>
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
#] unable to start debuging on web server .the web server could notfind the requested resource Vaibhav Joshi ASP .Net 0 08-02-2011 12:14 PM
The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the Web project located at the following URL: 'http://localhost/822319ev1'. 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error'. chanmm ASP .Net 2 09-07-2010 07:37 AM
Create a VD with required properties on a required Web Server (Windows Advanced Server 2000 has 3 Web Servers) Just D. ASP .Net 0 03-10-2006 06:02 AM
Visual Web Developer does not support creating Web sites on a SharePoint Web server William LaMartin ASP .Net 0 12-29-2005 04:17 PM
Server to server = Server client to server? - Java 2 07-29-2005 10:46 PM



Advertisments