Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > cannot disable viewstate on a datagrid

cannot disable viewstate on a datagrid

Rhodri

Hi all

I have a datagrid which can display upto 20,000 records and the
viewstate gets very big. I have tried turning of viewtate using
EnableViewState = false both on the parent page and on the DataGrid
itself, however when i view the generated html source there is still
an enourmous viewstate.

The columns for my grid are being generated dynamically in the code
behind, is this causing the problem?

Rick Spiewak

Don't know, but try turning off the viewstate dynamically as well.

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...