Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > DataGrid Focus

DataGrid Focus

Gary W

Here is my problem. I have a datagrid that when you click on a row, it goes
into edit mode and depending on where I clicked it the focus is on that
control using Control.Focus(). I also have code so if I keep pressing tab it
will create a new row and focus on the newly created row. Recently I put the
same datagrid into an asp.net ajax update panel and now the focus is outside
of the update panel when I click on a row. It also breaks my new row focus.

So I tried using javascript code on a timer so it can focus, but it’s not a
100%. From my analysis so far, I believe that because the whole page isn’t
reloaded the javascript in .Focus() isn’t executed. My question is this, is
there a way to focus with asp.net ajax or is there any other solutions?

Thanks,
Gary