Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > GridView

GridView

zp

Hi there,
I have web application that uses GridView to display some data from Firebird
database. Everything works fine on my development machine (Windows XP, VS
2005, .Net 2) After deploying the application on the production machine (Win
2003 server, IIS6, .Net 2) the following error happens on the page that uses
the GridView.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be
installed.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Unable to find the requested
..Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data
Provider. It may not be installed.]
System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory( String
providerInvariantName) +1371847
System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSource.GetDbProvi derFactory() +63
System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSource.GetDbProvi derFactorySecure() +19

System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.Execut eSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) +120
System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSele ctArguments arguments,
DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +17
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.Perform Select() +149
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.Dat aBind() +70
System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.DataBind() +4
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.Ens ureDataBound() +82
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundContro l.CreateChildControls()
+69
System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +87
includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1360

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET
Version:2.0.50727.210
--
I have checked the assemblies on the development and the production machines
it seems all are there. Can someone give some clue where to look for possible

Edward B.

Are you using ASP.NET 2.0 controls in the web page?

If so, you should go into the IIS Manager on the server, then select the
website, go to Properties > ASP.NET tab and ensure the ASP.NET version that
is selected is v2.0 and not 1.1.

And if no joy, then skip down from the Websites to Web Service Extensions,
and ensure that ASP.NET v2.0 shows up in there (if not it will need to be
added). And if it is added, ensure that it is allowed, by highlighting and
clicking on the Allow button.

-Ed

"zp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there,
> I have web application that uses GridView to display some data from
> Firebird
> database. Everything works fine on my development machine (Windows XP, VS
> 2005, .Net 2) After deploying the application on the production machine
> (Win
> 2003 server, IIS6, .Net 2) the following error happens on the page that
> uses
> the GridView.
>
> Server Error in '/' Application.
>
> Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be
> installed.
> about
>
> Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Unable to find the requested
> .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.
>
> Source Error:

> web
> request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception
> can
>
> Stack Trace:
>
> [ArgumentException: Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data
> Provider. It may not be installed.]
> System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory( String
> providerInvariantName) +1371847
> System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSource.GetDbProvi derFactory() +63
> System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSource.GetDbProvi derFactorySecure() +19
>
> System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.Execut eSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments
> arguments) +120
> System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSele ctArguments arguments,
> DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +17
> System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.Perform Select() +149
> System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.Dat aBind() +70
> System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.DataBind() +4
> System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.Ens ureDataBound() +82
>
> System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundContro l.CreateChildControls()
> +69
> System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +87
> System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +41
> System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +161
> System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +161
> System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +161
> System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +161
> includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1360

> Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42;
> ASP.NET
> Version:2.0.50727.210
> --
> I have checked the assemblies on the development and the production
> machines
> it seems all are there. Can someone give some clue where to look for
> possible
> resolution of this error?
> Thanks,
> zp

zp

Hi Edward,
Thanks for replying. Yes I use GridView from VS 2005 toolbox together with
an SqlDatSource. SqlDataSource connects to a Firebird database and gets the
data by running select query. The SqlDataSource is connected to the GridView,
which shows the data on the page. And that and many other pages are working
perfectly on my development machine. The problem is the production server,
Win2003 with IIS6. The web application is deployed with VS Publish Web Site
and the web site is configured. The ASP.NET 2.0.50727 is selected and on the
Web Service Extensions Asp.Net 1 and Asp.Net 2 are allowed. Have tried
installing SQL server 2005, Net framework SDK, have enabled Front Page server
extensions 2002, but still when it loads the web page that contains the
GridView it gives the error.

zp