Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > WPA2 backward compatibility with WPA: TKIP and/or AES?

WPA2 backward compatibility with WPA: TKIP and/or AES?

=?Utf-8?B?U2NvdCBCYWxmb3Vy?=

If I use a mixed mode setting on a generic (yet to be purchased) wireless
router, looking to maximize use of Personal WPA2:AES, do I need to migrate
existing wireless devices from WPA:TKIP to WPA:AES? Or will the mixed mode of
the wireless router support wireless devices configured as WPA:TKIP and
WPA2:AES concurrently? Didn't know if everything had to use AES encryption
wholesale., whether TKIP had any support under WPA2. Thanks for the
clarification.