Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > datagrid field to span other columns?

datagrid field to span other columns?

JeffP@Work

10-18-2006
ASP.Net 1.1

How do I get data to span accross other columns ?

I'm not sure if I'm stating this well, but I would like to use the Datagrid's paging but I want there to be two rows of data per record.

[SourceCode [Carrier [Agent [Profile [FeeSplit (a few more fields)
[Company [States (comma separated list of states to traverse the balance of the grid)

In the past I've done

<asp:TemplateColumn......
<asp:Label... Text='<%#..... <br>
<asp:Label... Text='<%#.....
</asp:TemplateColumn

Which works when you want all the data to fit in the column, but I want the states to span accross the grid under the other columns

I also know that I could use a repeater, but would like to use the built in paging.

TIA

JeffP....

JeffP@Work

10-20-2006
My ugly solution, this is an admin utility so the UI doesn't have to be pretty was to nest an asp Table w/in the table column, as well as the header.

TIA

JeffP....
"JeffP@Work" <jpgmt_at_sbcglobal_dot_net> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
ASP.Net 1.1

How do I get data to span accross other columns ?

I'm not sure if I'm stating this well, but I would like to use the Datagrid's paging but I want there to be two rows of data per record.

[SourceCode [Carrier [Agent [Profile [FeeSplit (a few more fields)
[Company [States (comma separated list of states to traverse the balance of the grid)

In the past I've done

<asp:TemplateColumn......
<asp:Label... Text='<%#..... <br>
<asp:Label... Text='<%#.....
</asp:TemplateColumn

Which works when you want all the data to fit in the column, but I want the states to span accross the grid under the other columns

I also know that I could use a repeater, but would like to use the built in paging.

TIA

JeffP....