Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > GridView - fixed row height

GridView - fixed row height

Greg Smith

I am learning to use the Asp.Net 2.0 GridView. When I page of filter the
data and end up with a page with less than the full page size of rows then
the header and the displayed rows "stretch" to fill the GridView.

I would like to have the row height remain the same and just display a blank
space below the data. How is this done?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tim_Mac

hi Greg,
you probably have a 100% height setting on the gridview. otherwise check if
your stylesheet has any settings that could be in effect for the gridview.
i've never seen the behaviour you describe on a gridview before.

let me know if this doesn't sort it out.
tim

"Greg Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am learning to use the Asp.Net 2.0 GridView. When I page of filter the
>data and end up with a page with less than the full page size of rows then
>the header and the displayed rows "stretch" to fill the GridView.
>

> I would like to have the row height remain the same and just display a
> blank space below the data. How is this done?
>

> Any help is greatly appreciated.

Rob Morton

If you specify the "Height=" of the grid then when it displays it will fill that height 100% regardless of the number of rows, resulting a half mix between the header and the row or rows. Use a div tag to specifiy the max height of the grid and don't assign the grid "Height" and scroll options.
---
Posted via DotNetSlackers.com

cloudoversea

do not give gridview's height a value, it works. gridview dynamically generates row height for each page
---
Posted via DotNetSlackers.com