Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > optimising datagrid output, remove whitespace?

optimising datagrid output, remove whitespace?

Tim_Mac

hi,
is there a way to prevent the datagrid from indenting every line in the
rendered HTML. i have 20Kb of whitespace from a datagrid with 700 rows. i
know paging is recommended but in my situation i need to output the entire
lot.

i have already removed the 450Kb of ViewState by setting
EnableViewState=false.
i can still use sorting and paging btw because i bind the datasource on
every postback.

thanks
tim

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Tim,

Based on my understanding, your objective is to reduce the WebForm's output
size by removing whitespaces in the html, right?

I think you could use Response Filter [1] to do this.

Please let me know if you want more information on this. Thank you.

[1] HttpResponse.Filter Property (System.Web)
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...se.filter.aspx

[2] Reduce The Size Of Your ASP.NET Output - The Code Project - ASP.NET
http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/WhitespaceFilter.asp

[3] Removing White Chars from ASP.NET Output using Response.Filter property
- The Code Project - ASP.NET
http://www.codetools.com/aspnet/Remo...acesAspNet.asp

[4] HOW TO: Archive the Results of a Dynamic Page to an HTML Page in
ASP.NET by Using Visual C# .NET
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810205

[5] ASP.NET Resources - Producing XHTML-Compliant Pages With Response
Filters
http://www.aspnetresources.com/artic...tpFilters.aspx

Sincerely,
Microsoft Online Community Support

promptly.

Tim_Mac

hi Walter,
that's extremely helpful. i wasn't aware of the Response Filter before now.
thanks for the references also.

cheers
tim

Optimising a web page BobLaughland ASP .Net 1 03-07-2006 02:31 PM
Optimising pages for 640x480 or 800x600 =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgUG9kbW9yZQ==?= ASP .Net 7 12-10-2004 04:27 PM
Optimising a web app MS ASP .Net 4 06-26-2004 11:37 PM
Optimising Connections & DataAdapters Jon Maz ASP .Net 4 05-27-2004 05:02 PM

Advertisments