Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > When I first turn on the notebook can't open home page

When I first turn on the notebook can't open home page

=?Utf-8?B?R29yZG9u?=

the problem started a few days ago (system restore did not help). Upon doing
a restart or opening after a "shut down" and I then open explorer it comes up
with the message that "page can't be displayed". However, if I then click on
a "favorite" then the connection works. So, it appears to be a problem with
that initial home page. I notice that on the wireless activity it seems like
a lot of "packets" go out but few received. After that second click on
another page however, the received packets seem fine. Any ideas?

Frank

First thing I would try is to change the Home page. When Explorer is open,
doesn't matter that it says page cannot be displayed. Go to tools/Internet
options and change the home page. try something generic like www.google.com.
Frank L

Open
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> the problem started a few days ago (system restore did not help). Upon
> doing
> a restart or opening after a "shut down" and I then open explorer it comes
> up
> with the message that "page can't be displayed". However, if I then click
> on
> a "favorite" then the connection works. So, it appears to be a problem
> with
> that initial home page. I notice that on the wireless activity it seems
> like
> a lot of "packets" go out but few received. After that second click on
> another page however, the received packets seem fine. Any ideas?

DanR

Gordon wrote:
> the problem started a few days ago (system restore did not help). Upon doing
> a restart or opening after a "shut down" and I then open explorer it comes up
> with the message that "page can't be displayed". However, if I then click on
> a "favorite" then the connection works. So, it appears to be a problem with
> that initial home page. I notice that on the wireless activity it seems like
> a lot of "packets" go out but few received. After that second click on
> another page however, the received packets seem fine. Any ideas?

Are you sure your current "home" page is valid? Try setting a different "home"
page and see what happens. Your original "home" page could have changed to
something that is not valid.

=?Utf-8?B?R29yZG9u?=

Thanks for the replies....turned out to be a DSN problem....a bad IP address
which caused the initial conncection issue. 3rd tech at Linksys solved it...