Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > What does instantText mean in Edit method of DataGridColumnStyle

What does instantText mean in Edit method of DataGridColumnStyle

Hamed

What does instantText mean in Edit method of DataGridColumnStyle?

Regards

Hamed

Nithya

Hi Hamed
instantText in Edit method:

protected internal virtual void Edit(
CurrencyManager source,
int rowNum,
Rectangle bounds,
bool readOnly,
string instantText
);

Parameters

source
The CurrencyManager for the DataGridColumnStyle.
rowNum
The row number in this column which is being edited.
bounds
The Rectangle in which the control is to be sited.
readOnly
A value indicating whether the column is a read-only. true if the
value is read-only; otherwise, false.
instantText
The text to display in the control.

About instantText in MSDN link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...edittopic3.asp

More about this in KB
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=842290

--
HTH
Nithya

"Hamed" wrote:

> What does instantText mean in Edit method of DataGridColumnStyle?
>
> Regards
>
> Hamed

Hamed

I have seen them. but there is no more description than just "The text to
display in the control. "

I have checked this parameter and it seems it is always null. Is there a
situation that the value of this parameter is not null?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...