Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Delete Template

Delete Template

Jeremy Martin

Hi,

I am using a datagrid to edit the ItemTemplate and EditItemTemplate
however I was wondering if there was a DeleteItemTemplate.

What I would like to accomplish is when they click the delete button
column it would reload the grid and one of the columns would have a
chkboxlist containing options on what to delete.

ie not just that record but let them choose to delete child records or
run routines

Thanks
Jeremy

venkat.oar@gmail.com

Hi Jeremy,

I think this solution would be little clumsy, but u may want to try it
if it works for u.

1) write a "OnDeleteCommand" for the datagrid
2) invoke "OnEditCommand" from the "OnDeleteCommand", so that u run
your logic to list the checkboxes.
3) In the same "OnDeleteCommand" function check for that row if it has
those checkboxes, then perform your delete routine.

Hope this is not another problem for you!..

--Venkat