Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Editing GridView

Editing GridView

Mike Parris

I have data that comes from varous sources, not sql or XML. I am building a
DataTable that contains the data and then filing a GridView control by
binding to this DataTable.

Is there a way of using the controls "AutoGenerateEditButton" feature? It
would appear that the GridView control requires a datasource that provides an
updatecommand method.

Is there a way to generate an Updatecommand from a dataset?

Alternatively, I could manipulate the data into xml form and then use an XML
data source. Is there a way of editing a row in the GridView using an XML
data provider?