Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > How to get active row??

How to get active row??

JLuv

I have a TemplateColumn in my DataGrid that consists of links. When the
links are clicked a javascript calendar is opened that returns a
selected date to a HiddenField. What I'm trying to do is take the row
in which the calendar was chosen and change the date inside of the
datagrid. (if that makes sense)
I know how to use "this.myGrid.Items[row].Cells[column]" to access
datagrid info, but i don't know how i would be able to tell my web app
which row was clicked.
I'm using C# ASP.NET, btw.
Any help? If this isn't enough info, plz let me know.

JLuv

Ok, maybe a better way to put this...I want to know which row the link
was clicked on.
Then from there, I would know the row/column combination to use so that
I can change the correct date.

JLuv wrote:
> I have a TemplateColumn in my DataGrid that consists of links. When the
> links are clicked a javascript calendar is opened that returns a
> selected date to a HiddenField. What I'm trying to do is take the row
> in which the calendar was chosen and change the date inside of the
> datagrid. (if that makes sense)
> I know how to use "this.myGrid.Items[row].Cells[column]" to access
> datagrid info, but i don't know how i would be able to tell my web app
> which row was clicked.
> I'm using C# ASP.NET, btw.
> Any help? If this isn't enough info, plz let me know.

JLuv

ok, i found a solution. i ended up using an EditCommandColumn that i
found in the following article.
http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickst...ataaccess.aspx

JLuv wrote:
> Ok, maybe a better way to put this...I want to know which row the link
> was clicked on.
> Then from there, I would know the row/column combination to use so that
> I can change the correct date.
>
> JLuv wrote:
> > I have a TemplateColumn in my DataGrid that consists of links. When the
> > links are clicked a javascript calendar is opened that returns a
> > selected date to a HiddenField. What I'm trying to do is take the row
> > in which the calendar was chosen and change the date inside of the
> > datagrid. (if that makes sense)
> > I know how to use "this.myGrid.Items[row].Cells[column]" to access
> > datagrid info, but i don't know how i would be able to tell my web app
> > which row was clicked.
> > I'm using C# ASP.NET, btw.
> > Any help? If this isn't enough info, plz let me know.

venkat.oar@gmail.com

JLuv,

Try using Datagrid1_itemCreated

--Venkat