Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > datagrid validate on update

datagrid validate on update

ann

I want to be able to validate my data on update. I added this to my datagrid:
<asp:requiredfieldvalidator id="Requiredfieldvalidator1" Runat="server"
ControlToValidate="txtTransDate" ErrorMessage="* Transaction Date must be in
the form of mm/dd/yy" Display="dynamic">*</asp:requiredfieldvalidator>

I tried adding a valid.summary message box:
<asp:ValidationSummary id="valSummary" runat="server"
headerText="Please correct the following errors"
display="dynamic" showMessageBox="True" />

but the message box never displays, despite the fact that I check for
is.valid in the update command which will return true/false based on whether
or not I have any data in that text box.
I am using asp.net 1.1
Can anyone help me with this? Is there a different way I should be
displaying the summary?