Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Raising GridView's SelectedIndexChanged event in ASP .net 2.0

Raising GridView's SelectedIndexChanged event in ASP .net 2.0

Jay

Hello,

I am populating the data from the DataView in my GridView. I want to
raise the SelectedIndexChanged Event or the RowCommand event when I click any
where on any of the rows in the GridView. All my columns are "BoundField"s
and the "DataField" property is set to a column in the DataView. I don't
want to add a "ButtonField" in my GridView.

Please let me know how I can achieve the above.

Thanks!!
jay

PeterKellner

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 14:38:02 -0700, Jay <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
> I am populating the data from the DataView in my GridView. I want to
>raise the SelectedIndexChanged Event or the RowCommand event when I click any
>where on any of the rows in the GridView. All my columns are "BoundField"s
>and the "DataField" property is set to a column in the DataView. I don't
>want to add a "ButtonField" in my GridView.
>
> Please let me know how I can achieve the above.
>
>Thanks!!
>jay

The new book from WROX called "MVP Hacks" has a full example of this.
It's not simple.
Peter Kellner
http://peterkellner.net