Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > OnSelectedIndexChanging called twice

OnSelectedIndexChanging called twice

Marc Scheuner

Folks,

I have a rather basic GridView on my ASP.NET page, and when a particular row
is selected (by clicking on an image in a TemplateField column), I expect
the page to be created and then go into my OnSelectedIndexChanging event
handler. In there, I evaluate the info I get and I have a
Response.Redirect(......) to my details page.

Trouble is: once I run through that event handler, instead of going to
details page, the whole process is repeated....my page with the GridView is
created, the Page_Init and Page_Load methods executed, and I fall into the
OnSelectedIndexChanging event handler once again. Now the second time
around, my Response.Redirect seems to work - but it just seems weird that
the overview page gets re-created and the handler executed twice, before the
Redirect actually works....

Any ideas??

Thanks!
Marc

OnSelectedIndexChanging being called twice Marc Scheuner ASP .Net 0 05-17-2006 07:46 AM
twice(twice(x)) Kiuhnm C++ 2 04-01-2006 04:41 PM
ExecWB prints twice when called once kitty ASP .Net 0 07-18-2005 07:32 PM
ExecWB prints twice when called once kitty ASP .Net 0 07-18-2005 07:32 PM
When using RaiseBubbleEvent(source, args) in my Parent Page OnBubbleEvent is called twice! Andreas Klemt ASP .Net 0 07-04-2003 01:03 AM

Advertisments