Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > How to define the parameter in UPDATE statement in DataGrid

How to define the parameter in UPDATE statement in DataGrid

Luke Xu

I start learning asp.net 2.0. When I try to use Edit function in DataGrid to
update database (DB2), how can I put parameter there?

For example, there are two columns EMP_ID, EMP_NAME. I want to update
employee name and issue the SQL statement in data source:

UPDATE EMPLOYEE SET EMP_NAME=?? WHERE EMP_ID=??

What I need to put into ?? ?

In Command and Parameter Editor of ASP.NET, how can I bind the new parameter
with the field in data grid?

Thanks
Luke

Luke Xu