Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Binding a grid to various sources.

Binding a grid to various sources.

et

I am not even sure how to explain what I need to do. I have 3 tables, and I
need to display and edit data from various fields from two of them:

Table1:
ID, fld1, fld2, Table2ID --one record

Table2:
ID, fld3, fld4 --one record

Table3:
ID, fld5, Table2ID -- One or 2 records for each Table2ID.

I want to display in the grid like this:
Col1 would bind to fld1,
Col2 would bind to fld2
Col3 would bind to fld5 (from the first record of table 3
Col4 would bind to fld5 (from the second record of table 3)...

Do you see my dilemma? If I create one query that joins all the data, bind
it to the grid, I get 2 records, rather than one record with 2 columns. Is
there anyway I can do that? I can't create 2 queries, because I can't bind
the grid to 2 different datasets. Or can I? This is an editable grid,
also, which makes it even more difficult to add, edit and delete these
records.

Thanks for your help.