Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Datagrid: How do I allow edits but not new records?

Datagrid: How do I allow edits but not new records?

PaulNaude

I would like to allow editing of data displayed in a datagrid but not the
adding of new records.

How do you set it up?

Elton Wang

Hi Paul,

If it's a web datagrid, it does not add new record automatically. I mean no
any thing you need to do.

HTH

"PaulNaude" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I would like to allow editing of data displayed in a datagrid but not the
> adding of new records.
>
> How do you set it up?

Brock Allen

The DataGrid supports inline editing. The URL below is the quickstarts for
doing this. The other option is to have a different details page (or section
on the page) for editing individual rows. This approach will be an all manual
endeavor.

http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/QuickSt...ataaccess.aspx

-Brock
DevelopMentor