Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Datagrid Spans Multiple Pages - Need to Print

Datagrid Spans Multiple Pages - Need to Print

Jay

In an ASP.NET page I have a fairly lengthy datagrid that I need to print.
Problem is that when I print sometimes the last row on that page gets cut
half way through. Is there a way to print a datagrid that spans multiple
pages? Ideally I'd also like to maintain the header on each page, but would
settle with just the content not getting cut. The datagrid can range in
size (dynamic). Any examples of doing this?

Thanks a lot.

Elton Wang

Hi Jay,

Data Reports, such as Crystal Reports, provide these kinds of features.

HTH

"Jay" <msnews.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In an ASP.NET page I have a fairly lengthy datagrid that I need to print.
> Problem is that when I print sometimes the last row on that page gets cut
> half way through. Is there a way to print a datagrid that spans multiple
> pages? Ideally I'd also like to maintain the header on each page, but
> would settle with just the content not getting cut. The datagrid can
> range in size (dynamic). Any examples of doing this?
>
> Thanks a lot.

Jay

Thanks. Any idea where I might find an example using Crystal Repots?

"Elton Wang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Jay,
>
> Data Reports, such as Crystal Reports, provide these kinds of features.
>
> HTH
>
> "Jay" <msnews.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In an ASP.NET page I have a fairly lengthy datagrid that I need to print.
>> Problem is that when I print sometimes the last row on that page gets cut
>> half way through. Is there a way to print a datagrid that spans multiple
>> pages? Ideally I'd also like to maintain the header on each page, but
>> would settle with just the content not getting cut. The datagrid can
>> range in size (dynamic). Any examples of doing this?
>>
>> Thanks a lot.

sreejith.ram@gmail.com

Another option would be to export to MS EXCEL format

Elton Wang

Take look at following URL:
http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/Code/20...troduction.asp

You can also google the topic.

HTH

"Jay" <msnews.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks. Any idea where I might find an example using Crystal Repots?
>

> "Elton Wang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi Jay,
> >
> > Data Reports, such as Crystal Reports, provide these kinds of features.
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > "Jay" <msnews.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> In an ASP.NET page I have a fairly lengthy datagrid that I need to

print.
> >> Problem is that when I print sometimes the last row on that page gets

cut
> >> half way through. Is there a way to print a datagrid that spans

multiple
> >> pages? Ideally I'd also like to maintain the header on each page, but
> >> would settle with just the content not getting cut. The datagrid can
> >> range in size (dynamic). Any examples of doing this?
> >>
> >> Thanks a lot.

Tina

Jay,
Sorry I didn't see your post sooner. I have written a PrintGrid component.
It will produce a Crystal report of any web datagrid along with headings.
You simply pass the grid to my printgrid function and it produces a .PDF on
the client where they can do whatever they want with it. I have an example
of it on my website.

Gary Blakely
DeanBlakely & Assoc.
www.deanblakely.com