Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Databound Update(untyped dataset)

Databound Update(untyped dataset)

steroche

I am trying to perform an update of a databound datagrid. I just cant
figue out how to update the rows and though. Every example i come
across either uses that example with the FindbyCategoryID method in a
typed dataset or uses a DataView which i dont think i want to do
either.
How do i get the inputted values of the selected fields out of the
datagrid and update the dataset from these?
Can anybody help please?
Thanks

Phillip Williams

"steroche" wrote:

> I am trying to perform an update of a databound datagrid. I just cant
> figue out how to update the rows

There are many ways. One simple way is to use a primary key on the table.
When you bind the DataTable to the grid you specify a DataKeyField. Then in
the method that updates your data you find the rows in the table by using
that DataKey. I have an example on this link that does that:
http://www.societopia.net/samples/datagrid_3.aspx

This example also demonstrates how to highlight a selected row on a grid
while displaying the details of that row in another grid (which also answers
the question that you posted in another thread)

HTH,
Phillip Williams
http://www.societopia.net
http://www.webswapp.com