Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Creation and Positioning DataGrid Columns at runtime.

Creation and Positioning DataGrid Columns at runtime.

Alan Seunarayan

Hello,
I need to create a DataGrid that looks something like this...

<HyperLinkColumn><ButtonColumn><Data><Data><Button Column>

but I can only seem to produce a DataGrid as below...

<HyperLinkColumn><ButtonColumn><ButtonColumn><Data ><Data>

Can anyone help?
Many thanks in advance.

Alan

Alan Seunarayan

it needs to be done in the 'Code-Behind'.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Alan,
>
> What happens if you just change the order of the columns in the .aspx
> file?
>
> Eliyahu
>
> "Alan Seunarayan" <(E-Mail Removed)0m> wrote in message
> news:u5IFe.3481$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello,
>> I need to create a DataGrid that looks something like this...
>>
>> <HyperLinkColumn><ButtonColumn><Data><Data><Button Column>
>>
>> but I can only seem to produce a DataGrid as below...
>>
>> <HyperLinkColumn><ButtonColumn><ButtonColumn><Data ><Data>
>>
>> Can anyone help?
>> Many thanks in advance.
>>
>> Alan

Eliyahu Goldin

Alan,

What happens if you just change the order of the columns in the .aspx file?

Eliyahu

"Alan Seunarayan" <(E-Mail Removed)0m> wrote in message
news:u5IFe.3481$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
> I need to create a DataGrid that looks something like this...
>
> <HyperLinkColumn><ButtonColumn><Data><Data><Button Column>
>
> but I can only seem to produce a DataGrid as below...
>
> <HyperLinkColumn><ButtonColumn><ButtonColumn><Data ><Data>
>
> Can anyone help?
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Alan

Alan Seunarayan

in the ItemDataBound event of a DataGrid add the following....

TableCell deleteCell = e.Item.Cells[1]; // rendered ButtonColumn

e.Item.Cells.Add(deleteCell);

"Alan Seunarayan" <(E-Mail Removed)0m> wrote in message
news:u5IFe.3481$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
> I need to create a DataGrid that looks something like this...
>
> <HyperLinkColumn><ButtonColumn><Data><Data><Button Column>
>
> but I can only seem to produce a DataGrid as below...
>
> <HyperLinkColumn><ButtonColumn><ButtonColumn><Data ><Data>
>
> Can anyone help?
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Alan

Eliyahu Goldin

Are you creating column dynamically? What happens if you change the column
creating order?

Eliyahu

"Alan Seunarayan" <(E-Mail Removed)0m> wrote in message
news:yPIFe.8907$(E-Mail Removed)...
> it needs to be done in the 'Code-Behind'.
>
> "Eliyahu Goldin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Alan,
> >
> > What happens if you just change the order of the columns in the .aspx
> > file?
> >
> > Eliyahu
> >
> > "Alan Seunarayan" <(E-Mail Removed)0m> wrote in message
> > news:u5IFe.3481$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Hello,
> >> I need to create a DataGrid that looks something like this...
> >>
> >> <HyperLinkColumn><ButtonColumn><Data><Data><Button Column>
> >>
> >> but I can only seem to produce a DataGrid as below...
> >>
> >> <HyperLinkColumn><ButtonColumn><ButtonColumn><Data ><Data>
> >>
> >> Can anyone help?
> >> Many thanks in advance.
> >>
> >> Alan

John Teague

Post the code where you are creating the columns