Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > How to embed invisible data in cells

How to embed invisible data in cells

Olivier Matrot

Hello,

I want to set invisible data into a cell control such as label. The goal is
to retrieve this information in a postback. How can I do this ? What about a
"viewstate" per row in a datagrid ??

TIA.

Eliyahu Goldin

Html control <input type=hidden ..> is made specially for this. AKA
HtmlInputHidden.

Eliyahu

"Olivier Matrot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eT$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I want to set invisible data into a cell control such as label. The goal

is
> to retrieve this information in a postback. How can I do this ? What about

> "viewstate" per row in a datagrid ??
>
> TIA.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Oliver,

I think Eliyahu's suggestion on using the Html input hidden control is
quite a good suggestion. In addition, if you've already put some webserver
controls in the cells( of datagrid?). We can also use WebControl.Attributes
colleciton to add some simple string datas which is also non-visible but
can be retrieved at serverside across postback/client-server round trip.
Please feel free to post here if you have anything unclear. Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
| From: "Eliyahu Goldin" <(E-Mail Removed)>
| Subject: Re: How to embed invisible data in cells
| Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:26:21 +0200
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.datagridc ontrol
|
| Html control <input type=hidden ..> is made specially for this. AKA
| HtmlInputHidden.
|
| Eliyahu
|
| "Olivier Matrot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:eT$(E-Mail Removed)...
| > Hello,
| >
| > I want to set invisible data into a cell control such as label. The goal
| is
| > to retrieve this information in a postback. How can I do this ? What
about
| > "viewstate" per row in a datagrid ??
| >
| > TIA.

Olivier Matrot

This is perfect.
Thanks for that.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Oliver,
>
> I think Eliyahu's suggestion on using the Html input hidden control is
> quite a good suggestion. In addition, if you've already put some webserver
> controls in the cells( of datagrid?). We can also use
> WebControl.Attributes
> colleciton to add some simple string datas which is also non-visible but
> can be retrieved at serverside across postback/client-server round trip.
> Please feel free to post here if you have anything unclear. Thanks,
>
> Steven Cheng
> Microsoft Online Support

> rights.)
>
> --------------------
> | From: "Eliyahu Goldin" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> | Subject: Re: How to embed invisible data in cells
> | Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:26:21 +0200
> | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.datagridc ontrol
> |
> | Html control <input type=hidden ..> is made specially for this. AKA
> | HtmlInputHidden.
> |
> | Eliyahu
> |
> | "Olivier Matrot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> | news:eT$(E-Mail Removed)...
> | > Hello,
> | >
> | > I want to set invisible data into a cell control such as label. The
> goal
> | is
> | > to retrieve this information in a postback. How can I do this ? What
> about
> | > "viewstate" per row in a datagrid ??
> | >
> | > TIA.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

You're welcome

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)
--------------------
| From: "Olivier Matrot" <(E-Mail Removed)>
| Subject: Re: How to embed invisible data in cells
| Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 14:51:51 +0200
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.datagridc ontrol
|
| This is perfect.
| Thanks for that.
|
| "Steven Cheng[MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| > Hi Oliver,
| >
| > I think Eliyahu's suggestion on using the Html input hidden control is
| > quite a good suggestion. In addition, if you've already put some
webserver
| > controls in the cells( of datagrid?). We can also use
| > WebControl.Attributes
| > colleciton to add some simple string datas which is also non-visible but
| > can be retrieved at serverside across postback/client-server round trip.
| > Please feel free to post here if you have anything unclear. Thanks,
| >
| > Steven Cheng
| > Microsoft Online Support

| > rights.)
| >
| > --------------------
| > | From: "Eliyahu Goldin" <(E-Mail Removed)>
| > | Subject: Re: How to embed invisible data in cells
| > | Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:26:21 +0200
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.datagridc ontrol
| > |
| > | Html control <input type=hidden ..> is made specially for this. AKA
| > | HtmlInputHidden.
| > |
| > | Eliyahu
| > |
| > | "Olivier Matrot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > | news:eT$(E-Mail Removed)...

| > goal
| > | is
| > about