Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Loop through multiple Datagrids on page

Loop through multiple Datagrids on page

chuckdfoster

I have 4 datagrids (dg1, dg2, dg3, and dg4) on a webpage. I know how to
loop through the rows in each individual datagrid, but I need to loop
through all 4. Is there a way to loop through the controls on the page,
determine if it is a datagrid or not, then I can continue my loops? I have
tried using Page.Controls, but that only gives me the "literals." Any
suggestions? Code Samples would be great help.

Thanks in advance for any shared knowledge!
--
Chuck Foster
Programmer Analyst

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

yes it is, it just need recursive approach (to note that controls can
contain another controls and so on). Check this:

Loop through all or certain type of controls on the ASP.NET Page
http://www.aspnet101.com/aspnet101/tips.aspx?id=97

--
Teemu Keiski
ASP.NET MVP, AspInsider