Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Howto display an ASP.net datagrid rows as columns and vice versa?

Howto display an ASP.net datagrid rows as columns and vice versa?

Jimmy

Hi

I want to display my datagrid with the columns horizontal and rows vertical,
so just the other way around. For example instead of :

name address city
Tom 200 George Street Sydney

i would like:

name Tom
address 200 George Street
city sydney

ch

Jim

Elton Wang

Hi Jimmy,

When Rendering to client-side, a datagrid actually is an html table. If your
data is for view only, you can create your own html table based on your
data. It's not big deal to show data horizontally in html table.

HTH

Elton Wang

"Jimmy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I want to display my datagrid with the columns horizontal and rows

vertical,
> so just the other way around. For example instead of :
>
> name address city
> Tom 200 George Street Sydney
>
> i would like:
>
> name Tom
> address 200 George Street
> city sydney
>
> ch
>
> Jim

Kim Quigley

Instead of having 3 columns (name, address, city), create a template column.
In that column, create a table of two columns and 3 rows with the headings
in the first column and label controls in the second column. Set the text
property of the label controls to

text='<%# Container.DataItem("fieldname")%>'