Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Sorting when there's an image in the header doesn't seem to work....

Sorting when there's an image in the header doesn't seem to work....

UJ

I've got a datagrid that works just ducky. I then put in the headers image
and now my sort event doesn't get fired. If I take out just the
headerimageurl= portion, it works fine. Otherwise it doesn't.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Jeffrey.

EJD

Hi Jeffrey,

When you click on the header image is it posting back at all? Are
there other columns in the same DG that aren't images set to sort that
actually work or is it off for all of them?

I've noticed that sometimes after changing a datagrid in a relatively
simple way that the DG seems to lose its link to the event handlers
I've defined for it.

You've probably already done this, but if you look in the designer view
properties Event section, is there still something in the SortCommand
slot?

Sometimes I've had to copy and paste the code I had defined in an event
handler for paging or ItemDataBound into the same function after I had
to readd it.

Let me know if that helps, but if it's not even close, and if this
isn't a completely absurd waste of time, can you add a new version of
the DG or copy the DG and and test it?

HTH.

UJ

If I put a header image in - it's acting like the OnSort isn't getting fired
(I've got a break point in the code on the first line of the routine.)
Without the header graphic, it stops at the break point.

Guess I'm going to have to do it all manually. Too bad.....

Thanks.

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...