Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Custom BoundColumn Class

Custom BoundColumn Class

PatG

I'm in the middle of creating a custom BoundColumn class to extend some of
the datagrid functionality.

One thing I'm trying to do is add custom authorization to check the user is:

1. Authorized to view the column.
2. Authorized to edit the column.

Authorization checking for editing has been easy as I can override the
ReadOnly Property of the BoundColumn.

I'd like to do the same for the Visible Property, but this is where it all
falls apart as the Visible Property in the base class (DataGridColumn) is not
a virtual property.

Does anyone know whether having visible as a non virtual property in the
DataGrid Column is there by design or just an oversight.

If it is an oversight, does anyone know how I report this to Microsoft to
sse if they'll include a fix in a future patch.

Thanks

PatG