Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Error Message: FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.

Error Message: FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.

Elton W

Hi SouthSpawn,

You don't mention when the error happens. And you don't
provide any detail info, such as your code. If you kindly
provide more info, it's more easy to find out what causes
trouble.

Elton Wang

list that does a
>autopostback.
>Basically, the dropdown list is a filter for the

datagrid. Here is my
>workflow.
>
>1. Load .aspx page.
>2. Click on filter to show certain results in datagrid.

(This will do a
>autopostback)
>3. Select item from datagrid using the checkbox column

and click on my add
>button.
>4. Click back on filter to show all items in datagrid

(This will do
>another postback)
>5. Select "all" items from the checkbox column.
>6. Click on add button.
>
>I get the following error.
>
>FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.
>
>I read somewhere that MS released a hotfix for .Net

Framework 1.1. I have