Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > DataGrid Problem

DataGrid Problem

Xarky

Hi,

On my webform, I have placed a datagrid and underneath it some other
webfrom components such as textboxes and buttons. The datagrid is
being populated at runtime and its size is not predefined (it can be
0,5,10,50,etc).

Now when the datagrid gets large, the other components placed under
the datgrid are being hided.

How can I solve this problem?

Can someone help me out please.
Thanks in Advance

Eliyahu Goldin

Use Flow Layout.

--
Eliyahu

"Xarky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Hi,
>
> On my webform, I have placed a datagrid and underneath it some other
> webfrom components such as textboxes and buttons. The datagrid is
> being populated at runtime and its size is not predefined (it can be
> 0,5,10,50,etc).
>
> Now when the datagrid gets large, the other components placed under
> the datgrid are being hided.
>
> How can I solve this problem?
>
> Can someone help me out please.
> Thanks in Advance

xarky d_best

Hi,
Problem solved.

Another simple problem, how do I adjust the column widths of the
datagrid because I can't find the correct property?

Thanks

Eliyahu Goldin

Depends how you define the columns. Generally, you can't fully control
column width. Browser will "help" you in that. In certain cases it will
ignore your instructions and set the width according to its own rules..

Eliyahu

"xarky d_best" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O%23%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> Problem solved.
>
> Another simple problem, how do I adjust the column widths of the
> datagrid because I can't find the correct property?
>
> Thanks

xarky d_best

Hi,
Regarding the first problem,

I am placing the datagrid into a grid layout panel, the other components
into antoher grid layout panel and then both grid layout panels into a
flow layout panel. Doing this, problem still persists.

If I do only datagrid + grid layout panel of components in a flow layout
panel, solution works, but I'm having the datagrid put on the left hand
side of the flow layout and I would like to put it in the top center of
the panel.

Below I drew a simple diagram of what I have. I would like to move the
grid(DataGrid) to the center, so that empyt space is divided on both
sides.

****************************
* Grid Empty space *
* Grid Empty space *
* Components............. *
* Components............. *
* *
* *
* *
* *

Does there exist some sort of seperator that I can put before but near
to the datagrid?

I hope someone understands my problem.
Thanks