Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > How to capture CheckChanged event from Radiobutton in Datagrid?

How to capture CheckChanged event from Radiobutton in Datagrid?

David Hearn

I have a radio button that I have inserted into a datagrid via a
TemplateColumn. I need to know when the checked property of the radiobutton
has changed so that I can do something. I have named a sub in the
OnCheckChanged event so I really just need to know how to write the sub so
that it knows which radiobutton it is that changed.

Thanks in advance!

Elton Wang

Hi David,

You can identify the radiobutton from its ClientID.

HTH

Elton Wang

Scott M.

This code is for a checkbox, but you can easily adapt it for a RadioButton:

To capture the event for a control placed into a Template column of a
DataGrid, you need to add the following code to your code-behind (this
assumes the checkbox is named "chkDynamic"):

Protected Sub chkDynamic_CheckedChanged(ByVal Sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs)
'This sub will be run for every row that has had its value changed
Dim chk As CheckBox = CType(Sender, CheckBox)
Dim item As DataGridItem = CType(chk.NamingContainer, DataGridItem)
' "item" is now a reference to the DataGrid selected row
If chk.Checked Then item.BackColor = Color.Gray
'From here, you could grab some data from this row with:
item.FindControl("ControlName")
'and then you would know which record was selected.
End Sub

Private Sub dg_ItemCreated(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridItemEventArgs) Handles dg.ItemCreated
'This sub runs anytime the DataGrid needs to dynamically create a cotrol
'but we only are interested in rows that may have controls (not header,
footer or pager rows)
ListItemType.AlternatingItem Then
Dim chk As CheckBox = CType(e.Item.FindControl("chkDynamic"),
CheckBox)
AddHandler chk.CheckedChanged, AddressOf chkDynamic_CheckedChanged
'This adds a client-side JavaScript event handler.
'You must also have added a client-side JavaScript function called
chkShow(sender)
chk.Attributes.Add("onClick", "chkShow(this," & rowNum.ToString &
")")
End If
End Sub

"Elton Wang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:609b01c5267e$125062c0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi David,
>
> You can identify the radiobutton from its ClientID.
>
> HTH
>
> Elton Wang
> (E-Mail Removed)

John Walker