Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > HyperLink column datagrid

HyperLink column datagrid

aspnetpal

Hi every1, I have a hyperlink column in the datagrid and it is working
fine.
This column is also a primary key for that table.

Problem on hand:
When user click on a particular value (row) in that column a new window
should open as a MS Word document (since that record should refer to
that document).

What I have so far is this.
When user clicks on the link a new window opens as a windows explorer.
What I want to do is this when user clicks on it, then it should open
up that document. The document name should be primarykey.doc
For example,

Hyperlink column = 1019

Document Name = 1019.doc

Currently all documents located on local drive & I'm thinking to move
them to webserver.

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Riki

aspnetpal wrote:
> Hi every1, I have a hyperlink column in the datagrid and it is working
> fine.
> This column is also a primary key for that table.
>
> Problem on hand:
> When user click on a particular value (row) in that column a new
> window should open as a MS Word document (since that record should
> refer to that document).
>
> What I have so far is this.
> When user clicks on the link a new window opens as a windows explorer.
> What I want to do is this when user clicks on it, then it should open
> up that document. The document name should be primarykey.doc
> For example,
>
> Hyperlink column = 1019
>
> Document Name = 1019.doc
>
> Currently all documents located on local drive & I'm thinking to move
> them to webserver.
>
> Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Just set these properties for the hyperlink column:
DataNavigateUrlFormatString="{0}.doc"
Target="_blank"

That's it.

--