Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Get DataGrids DataSource

Get DataGrids DataSource

Vishal

Does anybody know how I can get the datasource of a
datagrid? FOr example, If I bind a ds to a datagrid, then
I would like to get the ds back somehow. Is that possible,
if so how?

Thanks

Elton Wang

If you know it's DataSet, you can

DataSet ds = (DataSet)datagrid.DataSource;

Hope it's helpful.

Elton Wang

VIshal

Already tried and it doesnt work. I am 100% sure that it
is a ds. I used the debugger and saw that the datsource is
nothing. How can that be? I am using denis bauers datagrid
and this is happening in the nested datagrid, which is a
normal datagrid. Can somebody help?