Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > ASPX page closing slowly with large datagrid

ASPX page closing slowly with large datagrid

csgraham74@hotmail.com

I have an issue with aspx page that displays a large datagrid. When i
click a button and display the grid everyting works fine. when i click
a button on the page which is a response.redirect to another page there
is a very long delay before the button event is fired and the page
redirects.

can anyone advise me about what is happening here and how i can speed
up the firing of the event. i take it has something to do with clearing
the datagrid.

Thanks in advance

Adrian Bezzina

If the grid has view state enabled on it - the button click is 'posting'
back to the server. This is what is taking a long as the viewstate data is
being 'posted back' to the server.

1. If no viewstate is required - disable it.
or
2. Push the view state of the page to be stored on the server
(override the LoadViewStateFromPersitanceMedia and
SaveViewStateFromPersitanceMedia methods) instead of the client.

To view how much viewstate is saved - enable it - save the source, then
disable it and save the source as a different file and compare the sizes -
you should notice a considerable difference.

Regards,
Buzza.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I have an issue with aspx page that displays a large datagrid. When i
> click a button and display the grid everyting works fine. when i click
> a button on the page which is a response.redirect to another page there
> is a very long delay before the button event is fired and the page
> redirects.
>
> can anyone advise me about what is happening here and how i can speed
> up the firing of the event. i take it has something to do with clearing
> the datagrid.
>
> Thanks in advance

Closing popup window when closing parent window? =?Utf-8?B?Vk1J?= ASP .Net 3 02-15-2007 08:29 AM
Xtra Go Large performing slowly Hugh Lilly NZ Computing 17 11-12-2006 12:36 PM
Closing the doors 15 minutes before closing. doofus Computer Support 12 06-11-2005 08:20 AM
ASPX Page loads slowly Samy ASP .Net 5 04-12-2005 06:50 PM
Closing child window WITHOUT closing parent thomas Javascript 0 10-23-2003 04:10 PM

Advertisments