Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > DataGrid OnPageIndexChanged does not fire for first page link click

DataGrid OnPageIndexChanged does not fire for first page link click

Sytelus

When DataGrid with paging enabled shows numeric links for pages, you
get OnPageIndexChanged event fired when user clicks on any of the page
links - except the very first! Have anyone seen this behavior and know
any workarounds? The current workaround I know of is to look at
IsPostBack and Request.Form("__EVENTTARGET") and see if its set at
"GridName:_ctl0:_ctl1" or something like that which means first link
was clicked.

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Isn't that expected behaviour? After all, the index hasn't changed if you
don't go anywhere except where you are.

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...