Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Tooltip on Hyperlink column?

Tooltip on Hyperlink column?

Michael Reinhart

I've got a hyperlink column in a datagrid that looks like this:

<asp:HyperLinkColumn Text="&lt;img src=images/magglass.gif border=0&gt;"
Target="_top" DataNavigateUrlField="SubjectName"
DataNavigateUrlFormatString="ViewCase.aspx?Subject Name={0}"></asp:HyperLinkColumn>

Is there a way that I can have it display a tooltip when the user hovers the
mouse over it?

Thanks,
Michael

Jos

Michael Reinhart wrote:
> I've got a hyperlink column in a datagrid that looks like this:
>
> <asp:HyperLinkColumn Text="&lt;img src=images/magglass.gif
> border=0&gt;" Target="_top" DataNavigateUrlField="SubjectName"

DataNavigateUrlFormatString="ViewCase.aspx?Subject Name={0}"></asp:HyperLinkC
olumn>

> Is there a way that I can have it display a tooltip when the user
> hovers the mouse over it?
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

I suggest converting the HyperLinkColumn to a TemplateColumn.
Visual Studio and Web Matrix can do this for you.
Then, you can add a tooltip to the HyperLink in the template.

--

Jos