Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Can't view datagrid html source in IE

Can't view datagrid html source in IE

John Dalberg

I have a weird problem. I have a webpage that displays a datagrid with data
but when I use IE to view the html representation, the source has no table
source for the datagrid. I used Opera, Mozilla and Firefox and they showed
the html source for the datagrid just fine. I thought IE might be corrupt
so I rebooted but still same problem.

How come I can see the datagrid but no html source for it in IE?

John Dalberg

Scott M.

Empty your temporary internet files (Tools...Options) and try it again.

"John Dalberg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:127tmq95lbp9o$.1rkw038ihs4b8$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>I have a weird problem. I have a webpage that displays a datagrid with data
> but when I use IE to view the html representation, the source has no table
> source for the datagrid. I used Opera, Mozilla and Firefox and they showed
> the html source for the datagrid just fine. I thought IE might be corrupt
> so I rebooted but still same problem.
>
> How come I can see the datagrid but no html source for it in IE?
>
> John Dalberg

Jos

John Dalberg wrote:
> I have a weird problem. I have a webpage that displays a datagrid
> with data but when I use IE to view the html representation, the
> source has no table source for the datagrid. I used Opera, Mozilla
> and Firefox and they showed the html source for the datagrid just
> fine. I thought IE might be corrupt so I rebooted but still same
> problem.
>
> How come I can see the datagrid but no html source for it in IE?
>
> John Dalberg

I'm just guessing: SmartNavigation=True ?

SmartNavigation does some tricks with the source, but only in IE.

--

Jos

John Dalberg

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 18:33:20 +0100, Jos wrote:

> John Dalberg wrote:
>> I have a weird problem. I have a webpage that displays a datagrid
>> with data but when I use IE to view the html representation, the
>> source has no table source for the datagrid. I used Opera, Mozilla
>> and Firefox and they showed the html source for the datagrid just
>> fine. I thought IE might be corrupt so I rebooted but still same
>> problem.
>>
>> How come I can see the datagrid but no html source for it in IE?
>>
>> John Dalberg

> I'm just guessing: SmartNavigation=True ?
>
> SmartNavigation does some tricks with the source, but only in IE.

You're right! It was smartnavigation. I checked the docs and there wasn't
anything about SmartNavigation hiding html source. I wonder what else it
does.

John Dalberg