Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Dyanamic Datagrid .

Dyanamic Datagrid .

mano4c@yahoo.com

Hi all,
I have problem i asp.net . I have one asp.net page in that i have one
ComboBox and Datagrid . In the ComboBox im dipalying the table names on
selecting a table from the combo i want to fill the Datagrid.Then I would
like to provide the Edit, Update, and Add feature for the grid for any table
selected from the combo.
Im using MySql as BackEnd.

Can any one help me to solve the problem.
Thanks and Regards,
Mano.

Michelle Hlaing

Hi Mano,

There are plenty of examples on the web of what you are trying to do. You can also look up "Samples and QuickStart tuturials" that comes with the
Framework 1.1 (Start -> All Programs -> Microsoft .NET Framework SDK v1.1) you can also find an example there on how to create a DataGrid with the Edit,
Update, Add feature.

Basically, with the combo box, you would have to modify your code to bind the datagrid for the selected value in the ComboBox.SelectedIndexChanged
method. In the DataGrid events, you would have to probably do an IF clause to check what is the selected value and then perform the update or add to the
right database table.

Hope that helps,

Michelle Hlaing

Microsoft Support Professional

***Disclaimer: This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers no rights.***