Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Column width query

Column width query

Carl Howarth

Sorry this is a repost:

Hi,

I am wanting to display data in a datagrid with additional header rows above
it that categorise some of the main headers of the datagrid. I am therefore
creating a table above the datagrid using the same padding/spacing options.

The problem I am having is that when I define the width of a TD in my table
to be, say 300px, that should cover 3 columns of the datagrid, each at 100px
wide they are always misaligned and I have to start taking a pixel off here
and there within my header table. Also, the vertical space between the 2 is
usually larger than the cellspacing, which is livable though it would be
nice to know how to stop this!

Surely if I am defining the width of anything in pixels, it should be
displayed at the same width regardless of the object's type?!

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks, Carl