Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Manipulating Dataset

Manipulating Dataset

Hai

Dear gurus,

I have a stored procedure which returns a set of rows.

How do I suppress a number of columns (not display) from dataset?
Is is DataSet is the right tool in this case?

Thank you.

Hai

Hai

Hello Jared,

Thank you very much but it did not seem to work or because I did not get
the syntax correct.

Hai

"Jared" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hai,
> Before you bind the dataset, you can mark the columns as hidden. I
> haven't tried this code, but, it works on the WinForms datagrid. If you
> aren't going to use the hidden results of the stored procedure you should
> probably create a procedure that only returns the columns you need, it's
> probably a better option.
> HTH,
> Jared
>
> Dim ds As DataSet
> For Each col As DataColumn In ds.Tables(0).Columns
> Select Case col.ColumnName
> Case Is = "Hideme", "HideMeToo", "DontDisplay"
> col.ColumnMapping = MappingType.Hidden
> End Select
> Next
>
> "Hai" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Dear gurus,
> >
> > I have a stored procedure which returns a set of rows.
> >
> > How do I suppress a number of columns (not display) from dataset?
> > Is is DataSet is the right tool in this case?
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Hai

Hai

Jared,
Fantastic.
Thanks a lot

DataSet and dataSet JimO ASP .Net 2 03-08-2006 02:39 PM
copying a datatable content from an untyped dataset into a table which is inside a typed dataset Nedu N ASP .Net 2 10-31-2003 01:05 PM
Ccopying a datatable content from an untyped dataset into a table which is inside a typed dataset Nedu N ASP .Net 1 10-31-2003 02:39 AM
DataSet to DataSet Joseph D. DeJohn ASP .Net 1 08-04-2003 03:25 AM

Advertisments