Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > textchanged does not fire when datagrid is out of focus

textchanged does not fire when datagrid is out of focus

A'braham

I have a paged editable datagrid (I'm using template column, not
Editable Column)with 2 columns of labels, and two columns of
textboxes. Outside of the datagrid control I have a drop down list
that holds the datatable to bind to. When a value is selected from
the dropdownlist, then the datagrid rebinds to display the appropiate
values. If you edit any of the textboxes, the textchanged event will
store which field was edited and another method will display a in
screen prompt to save changes or continue without saving. This part
works great.

My question is this: If I edit a textbox then select a value from the
dropdownlist which is OUTSIDE of the the datagrid control, textchanged
is not fired. Why is this? Is it due to the focus being outside of
the datagrid. In any case, how can I get textchanged to fire when the
textbox is changed no matter what?