Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > drop down list always a vertical display

drop down list always a vertical display

Leah

Okay. I followed the steps from a MS KB article (306227, i think)
about how to create a frop down box in a data grid, and bind to data.
However, the contents always displays vertically, like:

Instead of

data

Any ideas? I can't seem to find a property to set.

Thanks for any help.

Leah

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

how are you binding your code? ( i didn't look at the article)

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney
"Leah" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Okay. I followed the steps from a MS KB article (306227, i think)
> about how to create a frop down box in a data grid, and bind to data.
> However, the contents always displays vertically, like:

> Instead of
>
> data
>
> Any ideas? I can't seem to find a property to set.
>

> Thanks for any help.
>

> Leah

Leah

On Page Load

Dim strBarcode As String
strBarcode = Request.QueryString("Barcode")
SqlDataAdapter1.SelectCommand.Parameters(0).Value = strBarcode
SqlConnection1.Open()
SqlDataAdapter1.Fill(DataSet11, "CLDBSysConfig")
SqlConnection1.Close()
DataGrid1.DataSource =
DataSet11.Tables("CLDBSysConfig").DefaultView
DataGrid1.DataBind()

Barcode is a foreign key parameter, but shouldn't have any affect on
the column that displays the data - different item.

I found a different way to do this, thanks to dotnetjohn.com, but
still, I'm curious as to why this happens.

Leah