Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Update a datagrid without POSTBACK!!

Reply
Thread Tools

Update a datagrid without POSTBACK!!

 
 
Michael Persaud
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-18-2004
Is that possible??

MP


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Scott M.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-19-2004
No.

"Michael Persaud" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is that possible??
>
> MP
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Alvin Bruney [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-19-2004
It is.

you can use either a webservice or xml-http to go get the data and return it
to requesting page. you would need to manually load the data into the table
(datagrid renders clientside as a table i believe)
but it's a lot of unrewarding work. why would you want to go this route? is
a postback that intolerable?

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney
[ASP.NET MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx]
Got tidbits? Get it here... http://tinyurl.com/27cok
"Scott M." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> No.
>
> "Michael Persaud" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is that possible??
>>
>> MP
>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Scott M.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-19-2004
But if you are updating via a webservice or xmlHTTP, then you are making
another trip to the server (or rather a server) and this is what I took the
OP to be asking if could be avoided.


"Alvin Bruney [MVP]" <vapor at steaming post office> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It is.
>
> you can use either a webservice or xml-http to go get the data and return
> it to requesting page. you would need to manually load the data into the
> table (datagrid renders clientside as a table i believe)
> but it's a lot of unrewarding work. why would you want to go this route?
> is a postback that intolerable?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Alvin Bruney
> [ASP.NET MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx]
> Got tidbits? Get it here... http://tinyurl.com/27cok
> "Scott M." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> No.
>>
>> "Michael Persaud" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Is that possible??
>>>
>>> MP
>>>
>>>

>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Eliyahu Goldin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-19-2004
What sort of update do you mean? If you mean re-populating with new server
data, you have to make a round trip to the server. If the information for
update originates on the client side, you can update the grid easily with
DHTML.

Eliyahu

"Michael Persaud" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is that possible??
>
> MP
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Alvin Bruney [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-20-2004
agreed, i was just being picky

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney
[ASP.NET MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx]
Got tidbits? Get it here... http://tinyurl.com/27cok
"Scott M." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> But if you are updating via a webservice or xmlHTTP, then you are making
> another trip to the server (or rather a server) and this is what I took
> the OP to be asking if could be avoided.
>
>
> "Alvin Bruney [MVP]" <vapor at steaming post office> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> It is.
>>
>> you can use either a webservice or xml-http to go get the data and return
>> it to requesting page. you would need to manually load the data into the
>> table (datagrid renders clientside as a table i believe)
>> but it's a lot of unrewarding work. why would you want to go this route?
>> is a postback that intolerable?
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Alvin Bruney
>> [ASP.NET MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx]
>> Got tidbits? Get it here... http://tinyurl.com/27cok
>> "Scott M." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> No.
>>>
>>> "Michael Persaud" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>> Is that possible??
>>>>
>>>> MP
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>

>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Alvin Bruney [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-20-2004
moot point but it occurred to me - perhaps erroneously - that the postback
flash was what was irritating and not the postback itself.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney
[ASP.NET MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx]
Got tidbits? Get it here... http://tinyurl.com/27cok
"Eliyahu Goldin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What sort of update do you mean? If you mean re-populating with new server
> data, you have to make a round trip to the server. If the information for
> update originates on the client side, you can update the grid easily with
> DHTML.
>
> Eliyahu
>
> "Michael Persaud" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is that possible??
>>
>> MP
>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Update On The Windows Phone 7 Update Update Lawrence D'Oliveiro NZ Computing 2 02-25-2011 08:03 AM
Update without using Edit and Update button Henke ASP .Net Datagrid Control 1 06-01-2006 02:55 PM
How to add a Dropdown list to a datagrid at runtime (dynamic) without using template columns in ASP.NET and still have the ability to us the datagrid Update event. Daniel Roth ASP .Net Datagrid Control 0 04-05-2005 03:58 AM
Datalist: update a datasource without using select/edit/update Hartmut Schroth ASP .Net 3 12-01-2003 09:54 AM
To all Gurus: How can I edit/update a DataGrid in a DataGrid (nested DataGrid)? Possible? Andreas Klemt ASP .Net Datagrid Control 0 10-08-2003 01:19 AM



Advertisments