Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Swedish characters not displayed in datagrid

Swedish characters not displayed in datagrid

Wes-Securitas

I'm retrieving data from a Sybase database and loading it into a dataset and displaying it in a datagrid. The problem that I'm having is the swedish characters are not displaying properly. I have the requestEncoding and responseEncoding in the webconfig file set to iso-8859-1 which is Western Europe character set. I even set the Session.CodePage = 1252 and the Response.Charset = iso-8859-1 and still the characters don't display. I've tried using the System.Globalization to set the CultureInfo and it still doesn't work. Its displaying other weird characters that are not part of the Swedish character set. I need immediate assistance to resolve this matter.