Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > missing .resx file

missing .resx file

David Krussow

I had an aspx page (mypage.aspx) with a code behind file (mypage.aspx.cs)
that in turn had a resx file (mypage.aspx.resx). I decided to create another
aspx page (myotherpage.aspx) that would reuse the code-behind from the first
page (mypage.aspx.cs). I hooked everything together and both aspx pages work
great. In the process I renamed the code-behind file (mypage.aspx.cs). This
caused a disconnect in the VS.NET IDE with the resx file. I then deleted the
resx file to see if it would get recreated automatically. It was not
recreated. Everything seems to work fine without the resx file, and I've
been testing with it this way for a long time now.

Should I be concerned about the resx file being omitted?

What's the .resx file for?

Thanks!