Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Sorting a datagrid with autogenerated columns

Sorting a datagrid with autogenerated columns

MikeG

I currently have a datagrid displaying data from an ADOMD cellset. I have to programmatically control the number and content of header rows to show the hierachy data from the cellset.
I can leave the default column headers (column1 etc) in an extra header row and use these to initiate a sort on the bound dataview but would like to replace this preferably with a clickable icon, otherwise just exchanging the word sort for the innertext of the existing datagridlinkbutton.
I have been unable to get either of these to work as the id is not available for the instance of the icon, and the cast to datagridlinkbutton is invalid so I can't get at the innerText to change.

Help, am I missing something?

Thanks in anticipation,

Mike