Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How can I control the IE back button from ASP.NET in VB?

How can I control the IE back button from ASP.NET in VB?

Niels Peter Heick

Is there a way to capture the Back Button when it is
clicked via the IE. I am developing a ASP.NET page and I
need to know when users click on the Back button. After the
event from the back button, I need to control server side
variabels. How can I do that ?

John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\)

You cant. The best you can really do is somehow mark on the server that the
page has already been rendered, so anyone going back to it and trying to
resubmit would trigger something server side.

--
Regards

John Timney
Microsoft Regional Director
Microsoft MVP

"Niels Peter Heick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Is there a way to capture the Back Button when it is
> clicked via the IE. I am developing a ASP.NET page and I
> need to know when users click on the Back button. After the
> event from the back button, I need to control server side
> variabels. How can I do that ?

Patrice

What problem do you have when the user uses the back button ? As you have
little or no control on what "back" does, you'll have rather to solve the
original problem...

Patrice

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...