Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > EditCommand event in Datagrid question

EditCommand event in Datagrid question

Robert Pettersson

Hi,

I have a few questions about the EditCommand event in the DataGrig in
asp.net.

When I get to the EditCommand event in my code I need to set the row that is
to be updated and then rebind the data
to the DataGrid. This is where I have my question, when I rebind the data.
If I make another call to the database, and
reload the data, Im not sure that I will get the same result. Data may have
been inserted since I loaded the DataGrid
the last time. And then the item that will be selected for edititng can be
the wrong one! And if I keep the datatable in
a viewstate or a sessionstate, the EditCommand event will be very slow if
its a little bigger DataSet/result that Im working
with. It works ok if I have like 10-20 rows and not that many columns, but
often you work with bigger results then that.

Im have been looking at sites that explains how to implement the
EditCommand event, but I havent found anything on how the best way to get
good performence and the correct result.

If anyone can give me any good tips I would be very greatful!

Thanks,

Robert